Project: 1200 is a grassroots movement that uses social activism, creativity, and policy to take a stand against Big Tobacco - an industry that kills 1,200 people every day in the United States and 5 million people worldwide every year.
We will educate, advocate, and fight until Big Tobacco is brought to its knees.

16 February, 2009

stories?

my sister, Heather Moosman Hamilton, took her first drag in junior high, but didnt actually start smoking until she was sixteen.

cause? peer pressure.

she smoked until she was 23. around that time, she got married and let her family be her motivation. she wanted to be able to raise a healthy family and be a positive example for those around her (especially future children!).
whether she knows it or not, she has been a huge motivation to me. not only her desire to quit and making that desire a success, but for me to never start, and to become involved in helping others as well.
thanks to her, i am going on my 6th year of tobacco prevention involvement and starting Project:1200. thanks Heather!

please feel free to share your stories!
please share your motivations to get involved, stories of family and friends who either quit or lost their lives due to tobacco related illnesses. let the stories be encouragement to everyone!

yours in the fight,
.peter.moosman.

1 comment:

  1. So I do have a brother that smokes, but he won't talk to me about his habit, and I HATE that!!! he doesn't want anyone in the family see him smoke. It is in my heart and my hope that if he can't turn to his family for help, then maybe he can turn to someone else. That is why I really want to see cessation and prevention to continue in Utah. And I don't even know if he wants to quit, but when he does I want to know someone will be there for him.

    ReplyDelete