Project: 1200 is a grassroots movement that uses social activism, creativity, and policy to take a stand against Big Tobacco - an industry that kills 1,200 people every day in the United States and 5 million people worldwide every year.
We will educate, advocate, and fight until Big Tobacco is brought to its knees.

23 January, 2011

Time Flies

Hey friends!

It has already been a whole year since our last legislative session. A lot has kept me busy, which is my excuse for not updating the blog since... lets see... June. I know, its ridiculous. Hopefully this upcoming year will be more productive for the blog. I haven't written on the blog, but things HAVE been happening. And things WILL BE happening! The session starts in approximately 30 hours! That is when all the fun begins.

I wish I had more to tell you about what we will be working on this session, but I cannot. I have met with some representatives regarding a few issues, and I have reviewed the legislative website. Other than that, information will be coming in soon! Until then, I can tell you about a few of the issues we will pursue this session:

- Smoking in cars with children
- Flavored tobacco
- Saving tobacco prevention funding

There may be more, but we shall start with those. All three were issues that didn't get resolved last year, so feel free to take a gander through the blog posts of last session to become semi-familiar with what is happening, and I will be on soon enough with more information to catch us all up to speed! Until then, get some rest because it is going to be a tiresome 1.5 months!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment